In June of 2017, I began a journey that would change me for the better. I accepted a position at Fallon Thatcher, a creative storytelling/publicity agency that is focused on animating clients’ stories in a way that best portrays and spreads awareness about the benefits that their brand has to offer. We worked with a vast array of clients, both local and national, including FRCH Design Worldwide, 21c Museum Hotel, Metropole, Bauer Farm Kitchen, Mission2Move, Please (eclectic eatery in Over-the-Rhine) and art and brand design agency BLDG Refuge.
What began as a summer internship turned into a major jump for my career. I:
- Composed and edited press releases.
- Conducted research and helped craft branding strategy and the tone of voice for fashion brand Threads of Mackinac.
- Attended client meetings, observed their needs, and helped to attain them. Took the lead on client meetings in some cases, such as with BLDG Refuge.
- Assisted with day to day operations of the office.
- Composed long leads, short leads, and media/marketing/influencer lists to help tell clients’ stories.
- Compiled press audits and competitive press audits for clients in order to help gain an understanding of the brand’s current reach.
- Conducted research on markets for various clients to gauge potential competition.
- Devised ideas for press kits and compiling those kits.
- Worked on campaign that brought client “Please” to the renowned James Beard House in New York City.
- Compiled monthly “clips and reports” of press coverage that clients attain and are able to analyze the total impressions of those reports for the their benefit.
- Conducted campaign Help Music Hall Make History This Fall which utilized Cincinnati’s top restaurants and collaborated with them to organize promotional beverages and food options for the reopening of Cincinnati’s historical landmark Music Hall after their construction hiatus.
- Collaborated to compose and edit blog pieces for the company’s site, like the ones below.